Attorney Loren A. Cochran is a partner at Leahy Law in Tacoma, Washington. He primarily represents victims of sexual abuse and civil rights violations, catastrophic injury survivors and family members whose loved ones were killed or injured as a result of negligence or misconduct. Previously, Loren proudly served as production counsel with the television program “America’s Most Wanted” and its host John Walsh. He also represents clients in matters involving consumer protection, entertainment law, media law and public safety.
Loren graduated from the University of Washington, where his academic achievements earned him an invitation to join Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest honors society. He later earned his law degree with honors from Boston College Law School.
Before becoming an attorney, Loren worked as a television news producer in Seattle; Boston, Massachusetts; and Tampa, Florida.
Admitted to practice law in the state of Washington since 2002, Loren has extensive trial experience and has been involved in many significant cases over the course of his legal career, often resulting in substantial settlements or verdicts for his clients.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Cochran is an active member of professional organizations such as the Washington State Association for Justice, which advocates for civil justice on behalf of the injured and consumers who were harmed by defective products. He has also been active in the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, where he served as director of the Freedom of Information Service Center.
- Boston College Law School, JD, cum laude
- University of Washington, BA, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington State
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Washington State Association for Justice EAGLE Member
- American Association for Justice
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
- King County Bar Association