About Cole Douglas
Nicholas "Cole" Douglas is a passionate and energetic attorney who always advocates for his client’s best needs. His practice focuses on the litigation and trial of complex personal injury, wrongful death and sex abuse claims. Cole works closely with his clients and is constantly inspired by their tenacity and determination to progress forward.
Cole, a Tacoma, Washington native, earned his bachelor’s degree in psychology from Willamette University in Salem, Oregon. Cole played football, basketball and threw hammer at Willamette, all while pursuing an accelerated M.B.A. program at WU’s Atkinson Graduate School of Management.
After completing his M.B.A. studies, Cole returned to Washington to attend law school at Seattle University School of Law. While in law school, he remained active by competing in moot court and mock trial and by immersing himself in the local legal community. Cole was fortunate to receive the first ever legal internship position at Russell Investments as the Intern in the Office of the Chief Legal Officer. From there, he returned to Tacoma to serve as judicial extern to the Honorable Ronald B. Leighton, U.S. District Court for the Western District Court of Washington.
After graduating from law school with honors, Cole began his legal career working for the Seattle/Tacoma based law firm Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala. He ultimately left Pfau Cochran to open his own firm, Cochran Douglas, PLLC, with business partner Loren Cochran. In his years of practice, Cole has obtained extraordinary results on behalf of his clients, most recently negotiating a $3.8 million settlement against the State of Washington. In addition to volunteering his time at the Housing Justice Project, Cole is currently the Immediate Past President of the Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association's New and Young Lawyer Board, and chairs the Washington State Association for Justice's Pierce County Roundtable. Cole was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. He is also named on the Top 40 Under 40 list by the National Trial Lawyers.
While away from work, Cole enjoys spending time with family and friends. He can be found snowboarding, cheering on the Seattle Seahawks, and perfecting his jump hook on the local basketball courts.
Meet Attorney Cole Douglas
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Dean’s List
- Atkinson Graduate School of Management – Willamette University, M.B.A.
- Willamette University, B.A.
- United States District Court – Western District of Washington
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Washington
- Washington State Association of Justice, Eagle Member
- Robert J. Bryan American Inns of Court, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The American Association of Justice, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, Immediate Past President of the New and Young Lawyers Section
- Thurston County Bar Association, Member
- Selected as a “Rising Star,” Super Lawyers, 2018-2021
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2020
- Top Attorney, Avvo Rating 10.0
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Client Counseling and Negotiation